Edexcel Limited is one of the leading examining and awarding bodies in the UK and throughout the world. It incorporates all the qualifications previously awarded under the Edexcel and BTEC brands. Edexcel provides a wide range of qualifications including general (academic), vocational, occupational and specific programmes for employers.
The Edexcel BTEC Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership is a 120-credits qualification consists of three mandatory units plus optional units. To achieve the whole qualification, a learner must successfully complete 120-credits, of which at-least 115 credits must be at level 7.
On successful completion of these qualifications, national recognition by employers enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their study in the vocational area. This programme broadens and deepens the students’ management skills and knowledge as they have been developed with career progression and recognition by professional bodies.
- Unit 1: Developing Strategic Management and Leadership Skills
- Unit 2: Professional Development for Strategic Managers
- Unit 3: Strategic Change Management
- Unit 4: Developing Corporate Culture
- Unit 7: Strategic Marketing Management
- Unit 9: Managing Corporate Responsibilities in Wider Business Environment
- Unit 10: Strategic Human Resource Management
- Unit 11: Strategic Quality and Systems Management
- Unit 13: Managing Financial Principles and Techniques
- Unit 16: Research Methods for Strategic Managers
- Unit 17: Project Development and Implementation for Strategic Managers
Assessment is through the submission of assignment portfolio. All assessments are externally marked and all units must be passed to achieve this qualification.
Pathway to an MBA
The EDSML is widely recognised as the pathway to an MBA and most UK Universities consider this as an entry requirement to complete an MBA when a student does not have the prerequisite academic qualifications.
Applicants must possess one of the following qualifications before they may be considered for admission on the course:
- A Bachelors degree
- HND or BTEC Award
- An approved professional qualification deemed to be of an equivalent standard
- Mature students with at least 3 years experience in post involving professional or administrative responsibilities
Applicants from overseas who are not from Major English Speaking Countries, they must satisfy the College of their proficiency in English by providing evidence of one of the followings:
- IELTS 5.5 or above
- TOEFL iBT score of 87 (listening 21, Reading 22, Writing 21, Speaking 23)
- City and Guilds / Cambridge ESOL CEFR B2 level or above
- an Edexcel HND Level 5 diploma in business management or Level 6 diploma in management
- an equivalent professional qualification from a recognised institution.
- Mature students with a minimum of two years relevant work experience may be considered.
For UK/EU students: £4200*
For International Students: £4800*
* The fees is per academic year
** Exam and awarding body registration fees is extra and is payable at the time of enrolment.
- Awarding Body : Edexcel
- Course Duration : 12 months
- Method of study : Full Time
- Qualification Level : 7
- Starting dates: January, April and September
We do everything we can to ensure that information on our website is correct, however details may change and we cannot accept responsibility for errors or omissions. For more detailed information about the course visit Edexcel official website on http://www.edexcel.com/Pages/Home.aspx